Saturday, April 29, 2023

Apple Cake

Apple Snacking Cake with walnuts and raisins.
Apple Cake with Walnuts and Raisins

This is a perfect snacking cake to have with your morning coffee. It makes a lot and is easy to freeze. 


Apple Cake

This apple cake is a recipe I found in my 20-year-old recipe journal. Back in the day (pre-internet), I subscribed to quite a few cooking magazines. If I saw a recipe I wanted to try, I would write the name and page number in my blue, greased-stained, hardcover journal. Sometimes, I would write out the recipe in full, which is how I found this apple cake recipe hidden after all these years.

Makes 1 cake

2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil 
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon all-spice
1 cup Sultana raisins
2 apples (such as gala or golden delicious but not Macintosh), peeled, cored and cut into ½-inch pieces

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9” x 13” baking pan with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, canola oil, and vanilla. 

In another bowl, combine the sugars, cinnamon, walnuts, flour, salt, baking soda, ground ginger, all-spice, raisins, and apples. 

Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to combine. 

Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Other Cake Recipes To Try:

No comments: