Thursday, June 11, 2020

Cowboy Cookies

Cowboy Cookies are easy to cook at home
Cowboy Cookies

I think everyone loves a good cookie. These cookies were a staple when I was a kid. Again, I found this recipe in my mom's old recipe box next to another old favourite, Nanaimo Bars. I just had to try cooking them at home as I'm sure you will be too.

chocolate chip cookies

Cowboy Cookies


Makes 14 large cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 white sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350° F

Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Cream together in a medium size bowl the butter and both sugars. Add eggs, vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix into the butter mixture. Add semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Roll about 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball. Lightly press down on the lined cookie sheet. Bake until golden, about 10-14 minutes.

No comments: