Thursday, April 30, 2020

Spicy Banana Bread

Spicy Banana Bread
Banana Bread with Cinnamon, Allspice and Nutmeg

Spicy Banana Bread


I knew I was in trouble when I found 8 black bananas in my freezer. All individually wrapped in freezer bags! It was time to act so I made this banana bread with 5 black ripe bananas and spices: cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.

It's a nice change from your typical banana bread. I hope you try it.

Makes 1 large loaf

2 cups ripe bananas mashed, about 5 large black bananas
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Prepare 1 loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper.

In a bowl combine the mashed bananas with the eggs, sugar and melted butter. Blend well.

In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, spices and walnuts. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine until all is just blended.

Pour into a loaf pan and cook 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean.


Banana Bread
Spicy Banana Bread


Other Recipes to Try:


No comments: