Friday, May 29, 2020

Moore's Oatmeal Cookies


oatmeal cookies
Moore's Oatmeal Cookies


I found this recipe in my mother's old recipe box and it must be over 45 years old! 

Moore’s Bakery is an iconic bakery in the neighbourhood I grew up in. As a kid I always enjoyed going because they gave us free cookies and we got to choose our own. These were always my favourites.

Moore's Oatmeal Cookies


Makes 16 cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Beat together butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl with an electric beater. 

Add egg and beat some more. Add vanilla. 

Mix in flour, baking soda, salt  and oatmeal. Drop small balls of dough onto cookie sheet and lightly press down. Bake 12-15 minutes until lightly brown.

oatmeal cookies
Moore's Oatmeal Cookies


Other Cookies to try:


No comments: