Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Roasted Beets

Roasted Beets
Roasted Beets

I found beets in my garden! I don’t even like beets, well, I don’t mind them, but they don’t get me excited.

I planted the beets last spring and it took almost 1 year to grow…..go figure! Should I eat them? Can vegetables be any good if they have been growing for almost 1 year?

I cooked them anyways, just for the satisfaction of saying I grew and cooked my own beets.


Roasted Beets


4 medium sliced beets

To roast beets, cut off stems to 1 inch from root and cut off the end pieces. Wash. Wrap individually in foil. Place on a cookie sheet and cook at 400 degrees F. until soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. When slightly cooled, remove from foil, peel and slice.


Beet picture
Beets

Try These Beet Recipes:


Roasted Beet Salad With Feta Cheese
Roasted Veggie Salad With Farro

No comments: