Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Growing Carrots To Make Carrot Muffins

Recipe For Carrot Muffins. Has pineapple, raisins and spiced with cinnamon and ginger.
Carrot Muffins

I am a fair weather gardener (is that possible?). I still have not planted my seeds (except for lettuce) because the weather is too cold, damp and miserable. Heck, we still have our furnace on! I bought the soil and the seeds awhile back but, I'm waiting for warmth. I went on Brian Minter’s (gardening expert) website and he says some things can’t go into the garden until its warm (that’s a good enough excuse for me). 

But today, (in the cold overcast skies, temp 12ÂșC) I am going to plant my carrots. 

Fresh carrots are awesome and I plan to make lots of carrot slaw, carrot soup, roasted carrots, and carrot muffins. In fact, I’m going to make the following muffin recipe right not to inspire me to get out the door to plant! Are you planting carrots this year?


Carrot Muffins
Carrot Muffins with pineapple, raisins and spiced with ginger and cinnamon

Carrot Muffins

Makes 12

2 cups flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup grated carrots
1/3 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt. In another bowl combine oil, eggs and crushed pineapple. Add liquids to dry ingredients plus the carrots and raisins. Stir until just combined. Spoon into muffin cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick come out clean.


Carrot Muffins with Pineapple, raisins and spiced with ginger and cinnamon
Carrot Muffins

Other Muffin Recipes To Try:



No comments: